Wineries Route and Tarija Countryside.
Viva Tours invites you to share the charm of the Andalusian Department of Bolivia,
Tarija, precious valley surrounded of rivers, slender mountainous cords , impressive
falls of water, leafy trees and alive traditions.
1· Ruta del Vino.
2· Tour by Tarija countryside.
* Concepción Valley - Wine Cellar and Vineyards (1/2 day)
Concepcion is a beautiful valley situated 25 Km. from the city. Its microclimate
and work of the men mixed origin this particular landscape, featured by vine
culture. Most famous singanis "tarijeños" are elaborated there.
Visit to "La Concepción" or "Kohlberg" Wine cellars, artisan wines farms and The
Cenavit , walk around its installations and vineyards,tasting wines.
* Wine Cellar - Vineyards - La Angostura (1/2 day)
· Visit to La Concepción wine cellar and artisan wine farm.
· Trekking by La Angostura, natural formation at Rivers Guadalquivir and Camacho
· Walk to appreciate panoramic views featured by vineyards.
* Wine Cellar, Vineyards and Paleontology Tours (1/2 day)
· Visit to Concepción valley wine Cellars and Vineyards.
· Tour by Rujero, one of the most important paleontologic reservoirs in Tarija
· Trekking by eroded zones and carcavas, where rests of prehistoric animals whom
lived in this area a million of years ago can be easily appreciated.
* The Route of Wine (1 day)
At Santa Ana and Concepción valley you can find the most important wine and singani
· Tour by Kohlberg, Casa Real, Concepción, Campos de Solana or Aranjuez vineyards
and wine cellars.
· Visit to typical artesian wines farms and "singanis pateros" cellars.
2. Tour Tarija Countryside.
* Tarija Countryside (1/2 day)
· Tour by San Jacinto Lake and Coimata, one of the prettiest natural spas of the
ideal Tarija Valley.
· Trekking by the water falls or swimming at crystalline water eyes.
· Arrival to San Lorenzo typical town of colonial lines and native land of the leader,
Eustaquio Méndez, visit to its house, today become museum.
· Visit to the church and "rosquetes" market.
· We will finalize the visit in a typical country house where we will be able to taste
* Countryside and Cellars (1 day)
· Tour by Concepción Valley, centre of Tarija wine producers culture.
· Visit to "La Concepción" cellars and artisan wine farms.
· Trekking by beautiful vineyards and tasting.
· Tour by the countryside: San Jacinto Lake, Coimata, San Lorenzo, etc.
* Santa Ana Observatory (3 hrs. night)
Activity that is carried out when afternoon falls. The Astronomical observatory of
Santa Ana is one of the most importants of the country. From there official hour for
Bolivia is emitted.
Visit to its installations and observation of stars and planets.