Chaco and Tariquía Reservation
Viva Tours invites you to share the charm of the Andalusian Department of Bolivia,
Tarija, precious valley surrounded of rivers, slender mountainous cords , impressive
falls of water, leafy trees and alive traditions.
1· Chaco: The great adventure.
2· Tour by Tariquia National Reservation.
1. Chaco: The great adventure.
The Chaco, captivate the visitors by its extension, biodiversity and contrasts; humid
mountain forests opened to the great plain where Spinal, palmares and sabanas sprinkled
by gaps and bañados coexists. The places of mayor attraction for tourists are the
majestic "Angosto" of Pilcomayo River (recognized as one of the most picturesque
canyons of Bolivia) and Aguaraga National Park.
The cultural frame in this region is as variety as its natural landscapes, there
coexists primitive cultures as: Abas, Guaraníes, Weenhayek and Tapíetes which maintain
there own customs, experts at river language, fishers and laborious artisans and the
criollo men of the plains dedicated to cattle raiser activities, is a skillful
rider and creator of an exquisite folklore.
The conjunction of man and nature does of this region a fascinating world ready to
* Chaco Discover it!! ! ! (4 days)
· Tour by subtropical valleys, Valle del Medio, Angosto of Pilcomayo River, Villa Montes,
Tarairí, Lagoons to observe fauna, Palmar Grande.
· Spare time at "Chaqueña" country place.
· Visit to Pilcomayo River where Abas - Guaraníes and Weenhayek communities lives.
· Return by Caraparí, Agua Blanca, Itaú.
The best of the Chaco!! ! !
* Emotion and adventure at Chaco (3 days)
Camping - circuit
· Tour by "Entre ríos", "Palos Blancos" until reach the Angosto of Pilcomayo River.
· Tour by Villa Montes, Tarairí, Lagoons, palmar grande.
· Circuit - Camping.
· Return to Tarija by Aguas Blancas, Itaú.
* Chaco Aventura y Emoción (4 Days)
Circuit - camping
· Tour by Entre ríos, Palos Blancos until reach al Angosto del río Pilcomayo.
· Tour by Villa Montes, Tarairí, Lagoons, Palmar grande.
· Tour by Caraparí, Jesuits gold laundries, Santa Rosa, Agua Blanca, Iñiguazú.
· Return to Tarija.
2. Tour by Tariquia National Reservation.
- TARIQUIA NATIONAL RESERVATION OF FLORA AND FAUNA
A thousand of greens compose the thick vegetation of this ecosystem denominate Andean
Yungas or Mountain forest.
There the nature shows majesties, crystalline rivers, trees, wild orchids, toucans,
monkeys and other animals builds an natural and incredible habitat.
Paths and rests of prehispanic ways, same that were transited by ancient cultures,
Franciscan friars in the colony epoch, the "Che Guevara" and today are transited by the people
who lives at the reservation.
An Unforgettable adventure.
* Trekking at Tariquía Reservation - Circuito sur - Orozas -Embororú (4 days)
Circuito sur. Trekking by La Patanchada, la escalera, cañadones, rivers, agricultural
communities of orange trees, Campo la Lima and Acheralitos, Che GuevaraÅ½s campaign
house. Observation of Flora and Fauna and thousands of sensations...
* Treeking Tariquía Reservation -Gran circuito- Orozas - Grande River of Tarija -
Salinas (6 days)
Path trough the Reservation Hearth ,Cumbre de la Patanchada ,La escalera, Rivers,
small agricultural comunities, the "ombliguda" stone, franciscanas caves of the enchantment
and Gacha, Grande River of Tarija, Salinas River and pampas of Salinas, Valle del Medio...
and Much more.